Monday, April 28, 2008

Quilt Top Find







Gloria!
Can you believe how big this quilt top is?? An unbelievable find for $30.00. It is bigger than king size.
I know your friend is a quilt expert what did you have done with your find? I've heard that standard practice is to not finish the top? How does she estimate how old it is? It seems to be in really good shape. I'm going to see my friend Alice that quilts this summer so she may have some advice also. I'm glad that you read the blog!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my quilt friend is actually here again visiting! so i'll have her look at it when she gets home later. Is it hand or machine stitched? Where did you get it? Did they know any history about it?

Alice Goldsmith said...

the pattern is TEXAS STAR in the book I have.Alice Goldsmith