Saturday, September 27, 2008

Quote by Mikhail Baryshnikov

"I think I got disappointed over the years, about New York, about the States. You know, sometimes you go and visit Europe and see good old socialism in its good part! You see public concern about art, and young people's participation and young faces in the audience. Then you arrive in the states and it is $150.00 to go to an opera. Ridiculous. We have so much young talent on the streets, but because everything is commercial, they finally drift away from the dream of their life." (Baryshnikov to Ismene Brown 2-2-04)


This quote hit home today as I was thinking about the financial crisis our country is in and wondering about how many children often get left behind.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I collected horizontal stripe fabric in blues and browns for several years. Once I started sewing, I did it this summer on and off. I had someone machine quilt it for me though. yay! it's done and looks cool int he basement!